Friday, August 26th, 2005
For the past couple of months, I have been using the FAME ( Flashout, ASDT, Mtasc, and Eclipse) architecture for Flash development. Overall, its been a great experience, but like most open-source projects, documentation is often passed on in informal settings, like this weblog !
The following are a few of the most useful keyboard shortcut tips used in ASDT (Actionscript Development Tool) culled from the highly recommended OSFlash mailing list.
- F3: Open the declaration of an Actionscript element.
- CTRL-SPACE: Opens available code completion. Hit the UP arrow to see available template functions.
- (tmpl. name) CTRL-SPACE: Inserts template with for the given name.
- CTRL-SHIFT-G: Generate getters and setters. (yes!)
- CTRL-SHIFT-D: Duplicate line
- CTRL-SHIFT-S: Open super implementation of a method
Another useful tip: To see all keyboard shortcuts available in Eclipse, goto
Preferences -> General - Keys.
Hope this speeds your development along. Thanks again to the ASDT team for their hard work and great tool !