SWFObject Publish Profile Extensionby Paul Spitzer
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006
The SWFObject Publish Profile extension configures Flash to use a SWFObject enabled HTML template as the default when publishing HTML files. There are two versions of the extension, one for Flash MX 2004 and the other for Flash 8. In order to install and run the extension you must have the Extension Manager installed.
2006-05-08 – 1.1.0
- Added support for additional parameters: wmode, salign, quality, etc.
- Modifed HTML to be valid XHTML Strict (although the declaration was left as transitional).
- Existing .fla files will still use the default HTML – to change them open up the publish settings for the document, choose the HTML tab and choose “SWFObject” in the Template drop down.
- All new files will use SWFObject as the HTML template.
- If you’ve made manual changes (via default.xml) to your default publish profile you’re going loose them when installing as the profile is overwritten.
- I haven’t tested on Mac, would love to hear if it works.
The source is also available for those interested:
Comments, questions, suggestions, etc… are welcome.